Sunday, July 02, 2006

Titles start from here

Aaaaah, that's where it's been hiding, I've found it. Henceforth, I shall try to use as much sub-editor's skill as I can muster in order to give some form of structure to my posts. Also, I do believe, having a title will force me to stick to some kind of topic, instead of wafting all over the place like a high on light, debilitated moth.

This was meant to be a bellyache about Highveld Stereo and SA radio in general; however that blog shall follow sometime, as will the James Joyce one. As you will have noticed I now have a picture up. You will no doubt imagine my surprise when I opened up my email and found that a rather reticent (and anon) reader had emailed me this picture. As a gesture of graciousness I've put it up.

I have loads of images on my computer, as an art aficionado and as a photographer, net addict and Goth/allthingscult/vampire archivist of note. However I could not find something that would quite fit here. I mean, I might seriously offend some Blaaaaahnian with all my bloody (and I mean this literally) images. There's not many people who'd like to see a syringe shoved into a tongue or blood running out of a vampiric mouth or a fallen angel with rotted wings, skin, and bleeding eyes.(If there are, drop me a line, most of those pictures have stories).

So now, the anon email-er has asked me to consider this picture because he/she feels that it would greatly suit my nature and the nature of my writing. Anon email-er has also provided me with general thoughts on this blog but, alas, wishes to remain anon.

As I type this, I start to think I might just have a stalker on my hands....

I do love this picture- a black, dead rose bleeding from one of its thorns- a neo-Gothic memorial to the Romantics.... It really does so appeal to the Vampyre in me. So it shall stay up for a while methinks, until everyone else is strong enough for bleeding tongues and eyes:p or I feel evil enough to scare the Blaaaaahness outta any Blaaaaahnians visiting here:D.

Thank you again for the picture and the comments Mr/Ms. Anon.

Bis Später
rah*

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that cannot see the picture?
:(

July 04, 2006 10:36 am  
Blogger rah* said...

errr...

I think so, but to compensate for the inconvenience, your copy's in the mail :p

July 04, 2006 10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw it!!!!
and it's lovely!
a rose amongst the thorns :P

July 04, 2006 11:33 am  
Blogger rah* said...

:D ta

July 04, 2006 11:43 am  
Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

you say you have stories that go along with some of those pics? i'd love to get a read.

July 04, 2006 4:02 pm  
Blogger Muhammad said...

Nice pic. I'm sure it could have a million stories behind it, which makes me ask about your offer for the pics... I am interested (just like Saaleha above...) Please send with stories to keep my mind from dying of the conformist boredom that is work (yech!).

anyway. I have pics to, will send.
have fun.

peace,
M.

P.S. I'm consolidating blogs at the moment (killing off the schizo's) pls check The Front Line for the main stuff occupying (pun) my mind.

July 05, 2006 2:15 pm  
Blogger Mohamed Karolia said...

The pic is awesome, very symbolic

July 05, 2006 10:21 pm  
Blogger zee said...

its a dead rose....

ummm, one quest - why?

now please dont take it the wrong way, cause, from the comments, everyone loves it!...but it scares me a little :)))))))))))

July 12, 2006 9:36 pm  
Blogger rah* said...

errr, That's the point...

Lord I feel like I'm e-stalking you around tonight and posting after you all over lol

July 12, 2006 9:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.