Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hope You've Reached:



To the angst-y White boy...hope you're fucking happy now.
Thank you for saving the by then dying art of guitar music.

Today marks 13 years since the death of that 90s icon. Why I remember this I have no idea. I was pretty upset though back in the day. His death was relinquished to the back burners of SA media, because the 1994 elections were apparently far more important :P.



I only found out on the 19th April 1994. I drew one of those dopey Nirvana smilies for art class that week, got kicked out together with Sharon Naidoo and Divendren Reddy, who did the same. I was in Standard 3 (Grade 5). My first trouble with the law I suppose. Kurt made me do it.

















RIP
rah*
PS: To the thing, who not only killed you, but who was ALSO SO manly that she turned Mike Stipe gay...

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Libra said...

Aah, I suppose there are far less worthy causes than the love Kurt Cobain to look back on as that which signified our descent into petty anarchy. Long live the 90's.

April 06, 2007 3:37 pm  
Blogger Mohamed Karolia said...

Kurt was a legend, courtney the wrentch killed him what a loss, but he will forever live on :)

April 07, 2007 12:40 am  
Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Kurt Cobain may be dead, but Krist Novoselic seems evn deader.

April 07, 2007 2:04 am  
Blogger Waseem said...

RIP Kurt. Smells like teen spirit ushered in rock for me, just like Nirvana ushered in post-grunge, my favorite genre

April 07, 2007 12:24 pm  
Blogger Zaahir Essa said...

kurt ftw

April 09, 2007 1:36 am  
Blogger ZK said...

Kurt was the best i actually whipped out most of my cds of nirvana this past week lol memories :)

April 10, 2007 12:09 pm  
Blogger Prixie said...

i just listened to smells like teen spirit the other day....sigh...the good ole days.
the music will live forever.

April 10, 2007 9:55 pm  
Blogger mazozo said...

HMmm The words of Rape Me where made foe me

Courtney you whore you stole Kurt from me before i could hear him while he was still alive

April 12, 2007 1:28 am  
Blogger Junaid said...

why, oh why do people insist on blaming courtney for this?!
sure, cobain was talented and left us some great music. and sure, nirvana were on the precipice of something truly great (just watch their mtv unplugged session if you don't believe that) when he offed himself, but the truth is this: cobain killed cobain. and for that, he is a loser in my books. really, people...

April 12, 2007 3:54 pm  
Blogger Zaahir Essa said...

how did this turn into another "did the bitch do it" forum

April 15, 2007 12:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.