Sunday, August 06, 2006

Look Ma!!!! A new Post



Yes this is a new post. I need to declare to the world why this last week was such an amazing one. I know there were several reasons but the main two that I remember now are that I got confirmation of the Live to SA tour dates which I've been waiting for since I first heard the rumours in about March or thereabouts. But yes the Live thing and AND my order arrived all nine seasons of the x files. Collectors box sets with special dvd-rom games and interviews and documentaries etc.

So in case you've been wondering where I am/was I am/was reliving the last 9 years of Friday nights. Yes I was one of those who watched it with a tin foil hat on. I never missed a single episode from the time it hit SA tv in 1995 up until the time it ended in about 2002/3. I get this fuzzy feeling everytime I see young people wearing Doc Marten boots. I love seeing everyone looking grunged up. Seth Green, Constance Zimmer and co all before they were famous.

I've rekindled my first crush, yes I am unafraid to say it was Special Agent Fox Mulder of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He's so insane trying to portray this sane exterior all the time. His knowledge of myth and legend and anthropology is astounding. His mind makes connections faster than Telkom's broadband packages(of which I'm sure he'll uncover the conspiracy there).And he's got such lovely hair. Sorry, if you think that's bad ask the k-man, poor guy's had to listen to this x-phile all week.

oooooo!!! yes I forgot this little bit of trivia which I remembered for a long time and then forgot and now remembered again. Dana Scully's birthday (character) is on the 23 February. Guess when your queen was born? woooooohhhhoooo you guessed it. Yes so now that you all know, I'd like Fox Mulder in quarantine please. I only wanna stare. s'trues bob. After that the thrill will be over, then he can go away again. I still maintain that he'd be a wonderful person to talk to. Interesting and witty, clever, articulate....*siiiiiiiiiiiiiggh* (see above for apology)

The Lone Gunmen rock. They're totally amazing. I think their internet comment was probably the first ever reference to this great tool in popular culture. Mulder and Scully in season 2 are uber big on email and internet already. Guess that's why it always appealed to geeks like me. Anyway here's some (approximated) classic line's from the x files.

In the first episode about Tooms:
Mulder "what is this stuff"
Scully "it looks like bile?"
Mulder *flicks fingers* "please tell me how to get rid of this without betraying my cool and calm exterior"

Stuck in the Arctic investigating deaths by some weird disease, they decide to strip and examine everyone in the compound for symptoms
Mulder"Before anyone passes any form of judgement let me just remind you all that we are in the arctic" *unzips*

ok and then when Scully's abducted
Frohike "Is the hot agent Scully around"
Mulder "You know Frohike,it's men like you who give perverts a bad name"

then when examining some video footage
Mulder "whatever's on that tape, it's not mine"
Scully "ok no problem I put it right back in that draw there with all the other tapes that aren't yours"

Aggh I love this series, absolutely do. So if I'm not around much, please forgive me, but I do have nine years of tv history to watch. O yes and the x files had 3 main characters, Mulder, Scully and the music.My office walls have long been adorned with similar x files items, pics etc. Student's must think I'm a raving lunatic, which I probably am but anyway... I suddenly feel the urge to go and make myself another tin foil hat. I remember my mother complaining about it being such a waste of foil. But yeah anyway my mind's free now :P.

If you ask me if I believe in the existence of extra terrestrial life. I would without a doubt say why not? It's pretty arrogant for us to assume we're the only ones around here (one of the people who worked on the x files said that too I think). Allah is "Lord of the worlds". Plural lends a bit for possibilites I'm sure. So in the words of the poster on the wall of hotty Fox Mulder "I want to believe".(I love complicated sentences, really gets the synapses firing doesn't it?)

The Truth is Out There
The X-Phile
rah*

14 Comments:

Blogger Mohamed Karolia said...

The X-files is truely a cult classic in every respect. The theme music put you in a zone where normal things dont happen very often and the story carried that through the 9 seasons. It was truely unforgettable.

The truth is truely out there

August 06, 2006 11:38 pm  
Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

lol. A queen after my own heart- Mulder is my poster boy-intelligent,paranoid and kinky-just the way i like em:)

August 07, 2006 8:20 pm  
Blogger mika said...

i used to go to sleep with a tin foil hat. was convinced those weird flesh eatin bugs were waitin outside my window waitin to pounce on poor innocent 8yr old me.

*sigh* good times, good times.

August 07, 2006 9:01 pm  
Blogger rah* said...

saaleha: huh uh now, play nicely ok? he's miiiiiiiiine all miiiiiiiine
muaaahahhahahahhahahha *and other evil villain laughs* ;p

syandiedtoday: you're starting to freak me out little one, have the reticulents sent you to be some kind of memory recap of me? :)

August 07, 2006 9:10 pm  
Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Funny.

MY longest break from bloggin was due to my havin bougt about 5 seasns o MY favrit TV series.

One episode ends, ya FIRE UP th next one.

Bloggin? -- WHATs ZAT?

August 08, 2006 1:37 am  
Blogger mika said...

only a fan of the Files, only a fan! perhaps i am from some david icke alien conspiracy.......
*lights dim and x-file's song plays while lighting strikes from yonder window* :)

August 08, 2006 6:59 pm  
Blogger zee said...

u were born on the 23rd feb???? u bullshitting me right??? - i was born on the 23rd feb! :))))

as for x-files - agreed - amazing.

i loved the series - didnt miss an episode.but i must admit, it was gettin a bit mundane towards the end.losing its appeal - well at least for me.

tc

August 08, 2006 8:03 pm  
Blogger rah* said...

zee: I promise you I am... I've never met a single person born on that day. I was starting to think I was the only person. But you've just proven me wrong :( but you're not born in the same year right? So maybe I am the only one?...

August 09, 2006 2:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was 10yrs old and i used to watch it every friday night...alone....with my blanket....

i miss it.

August 09, 2006 8:22 pm  
Blogger mika said...

its still on, on series every tues.

life had meaning again when i discovered Dstv.

August 09, 2006 8:43 pm  
Blogger My dartboard said...

Hi

Emailed you. Thanks for the offer. Will definately take you up on that. Check your inbox.

OH

August 11, 2006 6:03 pm  
Blogger Muhammad said...

After a leave of absence. I have to break your party and say... in terms of beautiful, putting male and female comparisons on an equal level... Mulder isn't as beautiful as Scully.
What was she reffered to as ... oh yes.. "The thinking man's crumpet."

*ahem*

Anyway... the only disagreement i had with the X-files was a matter of Semantics... The truth is Everywhere, even in here :)

anyway... work calls... back to my crumpet fantasies :P

Peace,
M.

August 17, 2006 11:28 am  
Blogger rah* said...

oooo ya Scully R +3h_h4w+n3$$. Scully teh_l33t. If I'm not mistaken her braininess (is there such a word?) caused some controversy in the late 90s when some online BDSM fetish author decided to teach her a "lesson"....

Now's my turn to *ahem*.

Scully was once my idea of a perfect woman(probably still is), she's intelligent, she's not squeamish, you never see her in pink, she's sceptical and critical, enough religious faith to at least wear her little crucifix(it was my theory that she believed in vampires, but hey that's MY theory ;p),her hair's always in place, she's stylish and she can run in forests in high heels. Move over Jane Austen...

August 17, 2006 4:42 pm  
Blogger ngthatsme said...

x-files rocks! gone are the good ol' days though. so jealous you've got the whole dvd collection! keep the spirit alive!

can't believe DD's 46 either! really looking forward to seeing Trust the Man..

August 20, 2006 6:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.