Thursday, August 17, 2006

Upon her return...The editor speaks

I'm in the middle of season 3 and I haven't watched any X- Files since Saturday. I've got a hellava lot of marking to do, which I'm not really interested in doing but I have to do it by this weekend at least. I went to Wits today. I cannot handle incompetence and it's the one thing Wits seems pretty adept at. I say this because our admin is superior. At least our lot sticks to the same lies.

As i get to the main gate the atrocious spelling hits you. Yes they're having SRC elections on all their campuSSes.Blaaaaah.I will scan one of their scholarship application forms handed to you with your application forms for those errors.They'd like you to state your "adress" and "engineerin" students get preference and there will be "discipPlinary" action. It's disgustingly unprofesssional. Needless to say I was slightly irritated at having my calls terminated from switchboard so many times. Emails not replied to since April etc etc, so I just decided to drive down. The spelling besides being disgusting, was just the cherry on the top of the incompetent cake.Incorrect spelling and grammar drives me insane. (Yes Bazh, I can just see and hear Dee going "MonicaMonicaMonica, where's the little neurotic MONICA!!!" ;p)



And what annoys me even more is that the admin and staff etc have this attitude of being the be all and end all of tertiary education. As if other universities cannot compare and worse still as if your previous degrees from other institutions mean squat. Well you know what here's a nice big _|_ (up yours[for the l33t sp34k challenged]).

Ok my bitching and moaning and random sorry excuse for a blog's done. However I need to do a bit of free advertising here. Anyone interested in coming for our amateur, albeit excellent, production, of Terry Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum? (The vampire play I was so excited about.) As far as I know it's on the 31st-2/3 September (will check about the 3rd though) at the Lier Theatre on the Main Campus(Lynwood Road) of the University of Pretoria , there'll be a Saturday afternoon show as well. Tickets are R35,(proceeds to the Inklings, and we make good use of it on fairly noble literature stuffs) and selling fast. There MIGHT be some available at the door, but if anyone's interested I could put your names down as a to-pay-reserve-seat thingy.*siiiiiigh* you might be so fortunate as to witness me, moi,ich running about doing my bit in vampire gear.

Apparently that's me in everyday clothes, but people can be so mean :(. Just cos I'm quiet and creepy and have frock coats and ONE SINGLE Victorian cameo brooch thing, and ruffled shirts long black stuff andandand.... I'm half elven too you know...

Ich komme zurück
rah*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i'll be in blaaaaahnia in a few weeks if my sister in law does not give birth on that day.
i don't like wedding.
just shoot me.

August 18, 2006 1:54 am  
Blogger zee said...

wow...some more stress here as well;)

whats the play about? let me know - if it sounds good, might pop in

August 24, 2006 11:46 pm  
Blogger rah* said...

Vampires trying to colonise another land, witches thrown in, an almost parody of the vampire genre. Raises important themes, but I won't say too much. Those of you who know Pratchett will know what I'm talking about, those that don't o well, there's always a first time, the play, or google :p

August 25, 2006 9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.