Monday, January 08, 2007

'Twas the season to be bo-ored

Hello friendly friends!!! Who used to say that? Aaaah ye that turtle fellow...

The parents are back from Hajj.And I've been making my own little pilgrimage with little offerings of tea, zam zam, etc up and down and around and lets clean up now and then lets start over again.Usual drift at my place, only on steroids now. Apparently quite a marvelous experience, and best done when you're young. In the process cashed in on an ipod. YAY!!! now I just gotta figure out how the damn thing works. And while I cashed in on a cult item of the 'naughties i lost out on a cult item of the last century. The last pair of Doc Martens died. dead. gone. finished. impossible. dunno how it happened, but it's over, ripped asunder. Now not only have I seen Live in concert, but now ze Docs have died. Grunge is over. The music will live on forever though.*siiiiiiiiigh* enough tragedy...

O I learned to cook, not that I couldn't before, but now I can cook like what my aunt calls "a proper human being".Talk about charo fundamentalism. Anyone up for khuri kichari? dhaal and rice?All the optional extras that go with it?

I flew a plane. I kid you not. A Cessna 172. Went flight training at Rand Airport, which's in and around Germiston side of GP. Once we reached around 7000 feet I was allowed to steer and navigate all the way to Brixton Towers and then round Ponte Towers in Hillbrow. It was my luck that the runway was busy so we had to stay in the air for a longer period before Air Traffic Control brought us back so pilot Howdy and I took a trip around Johannesburg and then got back. It's a really beautiful city from up there. Quite an experience. Fabulous. I can see why they say that there's a height requirement for pilots.I'm not as short as I should be perhaps.A slight bit of a genetic freak I am, but it's quite tough to see over the top bar of the cockpit control panel thingy. And if you can't see over that, you can't see buildings in front of you...do the math....

Also in this holiday, I have been weaned off the internet and most GPRS operated things, purely due to a lack of availability. However, being in the company of so many females(I am unaccustomed to the phenomenon, I have male siblings only) I've learned to slightly tolerate female whims such as browsing shops with no particular purpose or fitting on stuff you're never gonna buy...ever. However, I can go 20 minutes in a shop now, much better than the 5-10 I could spend and then say "hey guys, I'll be in the book store when you're done ok?"

Now as you can probably tell by the fact that Doc Martens have been blogged about, I do have a bit of a shoe fetish(not in THAT way), but ya i do. And for 2007 I want to buy myself a high heeled shoe. Not a boot or a sandal, but a shoe. A black one, preferably something funky, yet classic. 2007 is the year I say screw the short people, I would like to have something besides flats on my feet, if only for a little bit. Yeah, those dreams get dashed the minute you fit one on, then you realise why you wear flats. Well that and the fact that with a small heel on you're nearly 1.8m tall, and that's not so grand, when all your friends are hobbit sized. You parade around (in flats) like the Giant of Blaaaaahnia.Well not as bad as a female Matthew McGrory, but still relatively bad compared to the rest of my friends. Just once I'd like to wear something like this.

However I think I might just end up re-investing in the 90's.It's sooo much more comfortable to make tea and carry trays around in flats :)

I get a cramp in my cheek and my knees grow week...
night night
rah*

PS... got a busy year ahead of me, but I will try to continue eating up bandwidth with my arb stuff at least more than every so often. All these freaking bugs are kamikazing into my screen.Like a plague. The only light around I guess.

PPS... I might be rich, thinking of becoming a celebrity sue-er person/thing. the k-man will have details! :P

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

oooh... those balenciaga's are hot.
good thing i'm two inches short of munchkin:)

January 09, 2007 8:58 am  
Blogger Mohamed Karolia said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. And sorry about the doc martins :( Post again soon.

Saaleha you cant be that short ? hehe

January 09, 2007 9:31 pm  
Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

157cm means i wont be allowed too close to the flight instruments.
but it should go without saying, lilliputs rule!

January 10, 2007 8:25 am  
Blogger rah* said...

hey saaleha... at least you fit under the miner's hand and get into Gold Reef City for free :p

January 10, 2007 1:01 pm  
Blogger bb_aisha said...

Nah,im 1.55 n i dnt fit under the miners hand.i used to make so much dua i grow taller until one day,i just acceptd it.n nw i like bein short-k,i hav those rare moments wen i hate it.i love my heels,but my yr in egypt made me get into flats.u flew a plane!how awesome!pls tel me where u did ur trainin,n how much was it.the indian visitin system can b used as a torture method!

January 10, 2007 9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol,i think you mean charo indoctrination...lol hahaha... and grrrr at the short ppl comment... bwahahaha, wat m i saying screw then all... :)

January 10, 2007 9:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rah! i been reading but havent commented in a while lol lyk a stalker.u were pretty tall back then so im thinking ur taller now. but im quite tall(1.85m)and its hard to find girls that get over ur shoulder hahaha. dunno abt the other guys but i say bring on the heels :)

January 11, 2007 11:10 am  
Blogger MasterOfChi said...

I'd have to say those heel aren't the best looking pair I'm sorry, they boudior, mind the spelling, theres a complete lack of feng shui in them, I ain feeling the love.

Cobain dude, 1.87 most girls come up to my hip lol!!!!

January 11, 2007 10:29 pm  
Blogger rah* said...

MoChi:ooo the Master hath commented!!!glory glory!!! "something like" meaning, high and semi formal, def not patent leather. That's a bit too in your face for me.

lol @ most girls comment, I do NOT reach your hip thank you very much lol I'm at least at your neck/ear region (in flats)lol.

Cobain: u just rock...and you remember the arbest things. Heels cannot be a full time affair cos they're bloody uncomfortable most of the time. Unless you strike a gem such as the Grail which i seek, then it's not so bad.

January 12, 2007 1:02 am  
Blogger partieweirdo said...

First of all, you're a great cook and an even better baker. mmmmmmmmmm..... cake.............
Secondly, I too am a tall woman and you know what? It's actually a great advantage. Be proud cyber-sista!
Thirdly, Doc's will never ever be out of style!
Glad to read your voice again!

January 15, 2007 2:09 pm  
Blogger Ruby :) said...

welcome back.. loved the stilletos, not in patent though.. i guess im with saaleha on this im 1.55 and LIVE in heels, cos im too short without.. only time i wear flats is on holiday, then too, reluctantly!

January 15, 2007 3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.