Thursday, May 31, 2007

New Post

*sigh*

29 hours straight hours of insomnia and counting...

First Year students should be shot.

Discovered this week with shock-horror-awe that our little department has 10 000 odd students in it across the board and various courses. WTF...Rhodes University has like 6000 students in their ENTIRE armoury. And to think hey, 10 000 student numbers, email addresses, bank details, phone numbers, parents details etc etc are more or less( with varying degrees of difficulty) all at my disposal. *sigh* Sometimes, I think, in these awake hours that it's such a waste that I do not have criminal or stalker tendencies.

Could be fun.

More fun than having your head stuffed so far up some peoples' butts that it's emerging outta their mouths. Okay that was a disturbing image, but it's true for some people.

Spongebob's here to stay for a while, he makes me happy. He's honest and sweet; a sea dweller with simple values, big imagination and heart of gold.

The arthritis in my pinkie's acting up now because of the cold. Goodbye. Yes, Hamish I do have arthritis in one finger and no I am NOT over the hill...yet. Choice time now...Kafka, Eliot,Bronte (Charlotte),James, Sartre,or more rambling in other forms?

It was THE epitome of excellent output in the English Canon(whom I incidentally don't heart much) who said "Oh sleep!Oh gentle sleep! Nature’s soft nurse,how have I frighted thee,that thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down and steep my senses in forgetfulness? Why rather,sleep,liest thou in smoky cribs,upon uneasy pallets stretching thee,and hushed with buzzing night flies to thy slumber,than in the perfumed chambers of the great,under the canopies of costly state,and lulled with sound of sweetest melody?" Henry IV if I'm not mistaken. Extra point to whoever figures out the Act, Scene and if Henry IV is the correct option anyways. Too uncaring to Google, check it up if you must.

I think that was the worst thing I could've done now, the mind buzzes again. I really should amass enough of my arb thoughts and random bits of literary trivia into a compendium or some kind of reference device for myself. Years later I'll think of the weird moments of insomnia and lol to myself.I'm weird like that.Though of this I am completely sure "to sleep,perchance to dream, aye there's the rub."Hamlet III, i.

And that's not suprising, because every person on earth with an iota of English knowledge parades about quoting this section like a freaking Professor Emeritus of Literature. Screw you, you reject plebs. Pariahs of the literary world. The minute you start with your "To be or not to be..." bullshit I can and will tell you "No, you cannot and should not be...be gone".Twit. A twit is a pregnant goldfish, I told my students that last week, they laughed. whooohoooo brain power of the Blaaaaah species duly noted.

"I cried to dream again." said Caliban, and so vile was he and so reprehensible but did we not marvel when even a creature such as his drunken self would "not serve him, (because) he's not valiant." And yeah..Even Caliban placed a limit on the baseness and cruelty which was bestowed on him I guess.Even Caliban had his honour and his pride.

I ramble.
Night
rah*

Labels: , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Waseem said...

Go watch Pirates of the Carribean it will put you off to sleep. It did to Yuraaz.

Good to see you getting back to your roots

May 31, 2007 9:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insomnia sucks. When I need Insomnia I get the reverse :(
Let's swop.

I need to do a Spongebob move to various family members at the moment :D

May 31, 2007 8:39 pm  
Blogger Zaahir Essa said...

BOB LE PONGE :D

May 31, 2007 10:56 pm  
Blogger Hamza Fareed said...

awww! I laughed at the twit thing, then realised fish don't get pregnant
:(...goes to the dunce corner

June 01, 2007 10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More fun than having your head stuffed so far up some peoples' butts that it's emerging outta their mouths. Okay that was a disturbing image, but it's true for some people.

hahaha you know i know the head in question and its incredibly large and weirdly shaped i think and after checking some of the arses in question which its rammed up. that is a FUCKING disturbing thought.

that head, those overly uptight arses. its hilarious. lucky head up bums fucker is too thick to know how personally applicable it is.

i cant stop laughign.

June 01, 2007 11:45 am  
Blogger partieweirdo said...

My Dear, as an insomniac myself, let me congratulate you on the delightful musings of your insomniatic spree. As always, you delight me with your very existence. I too have been tempted to use my powers for evil, but we must understand that these humans are not as strong as you and I. Though the horrible misuse of Hamlet has irked me something fierce! Well, 'Goodnight sweet prince(ess) - may Angels' voices sing thee to thy rest'. Note: It's been awhile, ok!!!

June 01, 2007 12:02 pm  
Blogger ZK said...

Insomnia dont we just all love it....
SPONGE BOB HIS OUR MAN IF HE CANT DO IT NO1 CAN!!!!
hmmm question should i have written sponge instead of man mmmm confusion o well
Mwah
Love your ramblings esp since i need a huge dose of the laughter medication :)

June 01, 2007 1:51 pm  
Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

hahah. there's a reason why you are, after all, the Queen.

:)

June 01, 2007 4:53 pm  
Blogger Libra said...

Ramblings indeed. There's a reason why you've entitled this post with such witty poignance. Yet still you sprout knowledge that Blaahnians couldn't handle if they were more awake than Self-harmers cutting. Still...

Finish that Jackson. Shoot the First-Years. Get some sleep.

She who was Lobelia's Student.

June 02, 2007 10:19 pm  
Blogger Prixie said...

yay! spongebob is here to stay.. for a while.
sleeping tablets m'dear... they almost heaven

June 04, 2007 10:44 am  
Blogger rah* said...

@ waseem: POTC does that to me anyways, haven't watched a single one yet. and thank you (for getting that) :)

@ fatima: bleh that sucks,well good luck with exams.

@ floydthebarber: yeah baby :)...especially for you..BLP ftw :P

@ kronic_paranoia: I actually only realised that after your comment. Fish are egg layers, ye. Damnit, you can't even trust chappies' wrappers' info anymore. :/

@ anonymous: LOL sign in as other please. and stop laughing, I can imagine that. *sigh* miss you stacks :P. O yeah that comment OF YOURS is gonna get me into trouble if it hasn't already lol. Well, we'll trust in the absurdly inappropriate thickness idon'tgeddit potential of the suspect. SSSSSHHHH ;)

@ ree: my darling child, how I miss the musings.*sigh*...and to thee too :) o PS...you,me...the lier...sometime this week :)

@ zahira: lol there's a backspace button? Are you also one of those "mwah"-ers? And thanks :)

@ saaleha: :P

@ libra: oi veh child...thank you. Though such ramblings occur when I have naught else to do and such. But you know, I should cut some people so that they'd wake up. And give concrete meaning to my interpretation of Iris. And thank God you changed your nick, the butchering would never have ended :D .Trust me on that one.You'd be living in a Foucaultian framework.

@ priya: thanks,but I have this thing about medicating oneself. Glad you heart Spongebob, though he might be culled at short notice:)

*bops about like a maniac to The Imploding Voice*

Is Billy still single? Anyone knows? *sigh*

June 05, 2007 2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quoting shakespeare off the cuff like thta and pregnant goldfish.

i dont think theres anyone like you ever.

and i get the point of this 1 tto. :Dtho i dnt think anyone else will. cos i r smart ;p. bt i told u so tho :(.

*his had his say n now comments on comments*

LOL @ "mwah"ers. noting irrritates me the fuck more than this new arb e-kissing of evryone. ffs grow up ppl. its anoyin n sluty in a 10 yr old skank way.ppl shud grow the fuck up

@waseem: i also noticed that. good on u rah, fuck the dumb.if they dnt get it fuck then its their own fault for been walls

@ partieweirdo those are sum nice eyes u have there :P

@ saleha- dam straight

June 05, 2007 2:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ ferez loll and to tink dat head up arse was apparntly more decent thn me ;p

June 05, 2007 2:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm....

*shakes head in dissapointment*

thats all i'm saying...

June 07, 2007 8:54 am  
Blogger rah* said...

rofl @ infinium...

Just remember...I still heart you :)

June 07, 2007 12:34 pm  
Blogger zee said...

TEN THOUSAND STUDENTS....whats worse is that some poor band of souls will have to mark 10000 tests, 10000 assignments and 10000 exams...well i suppose ull have to multiply that by the number of courses they have.

so sad:(

June 07, 2007 5:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahaha. Little pinkie...

It happens. Even to the Hawt English Lit types.

Pass their details onto me. I woke up with criminal tendecies this morning. And They will eventually graduate or at least leave and get older. Information is power.

I need good sleep. Take adco dol for the "pain"

HRH

Hamish

June 08, 2007 10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.