Monday, November 05, 2007

Remember,Remember...

I am usually one of the first people to warn against the dangers of reductionist theories when it comes to history.

But...

To all the rebels,the idealists, the believers in the mantra of: what we sow today we reap tomorrow,the anarchists, the ones who are willing to fight for your causes without fear. To anyone who thinks our days of fighting for freedom are over(and to those who believe they're not),to anyone who is willing to sacrifice themselves to make a difference.

To anyone who believes in the power of the greater good of the people outweighing the corruption and oppression of governments the world over.To anyone who believes in the importance of the freedom and independance of the media. To all those who believe that they contribute to educating people about the importance of all of the above.To anyone with an ounce of Romanticism and poetic depth left about their souls,





Happy Guy Fawkes to all of you!

She who advocates anarchy without violence
rah*

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger cobain said...

They should let you write the president's speeches.

I felt touched.

Sometimes I think there's only 10 idealists and true dreamers left on earth.

I don't really have the political half (that's for you and bazh :P) but I think I have the "ounce of Romanticism and poetic depth left" so I will take that as a very happy day and to you too my dear queen.

Thanks :D

PS I watched v for vendetta today, by chance. After I had chops (don't ask!!! saaleha made me do it) lol!

November 05, 2007 10:16 pm  
Blogger My dartboard said...

anarchy without violence is a wet tshirt contest on jerry springer.

November 05, 2007 11:31 pm  
Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

Yes, more than enough causes to fight for. Back in them days I suppose some were alot more obvious than others. I used to think we were something of a cheated generation, living in a receding shadow. I was so wrong.

November 06, 2007 12:46 pm  
Blogger Muhammad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 06, 2007 1:51 pm  
Blogger Muhammad said...

Raised fists and defiant stares. something someone said just after...and very reminiscent of 9/11 but the meaning is not the real commercial propaganda bullshit, but something hidden underneath, something far more sinister... where the Truth is in deadlock with falsehood...

"Remember, Remember, the 11th of September.
The airplane treason and plot.
I know of know reason, why the airplane treason.
Should ever be forgot."

nobody told me Guy Fawkes was a hero when I was growing up... but
Forget Him... Let's burn the System.

Peace,

M.

November 06, 2007 1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. For your own viewing pleasure, and for the sanity of my mailbox, please view this blog on Mozilla FireFox instead of Internet Explorer.